tljanticringe-front-5
FanFix September 09, 2018 28640
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

WOW! Just finished watching DonKamillo's Fan Fix - and what a treat it is! I would advise anyone who is a fan of the original trilogy, and felt really let down after watching TLJ - YOU MUST GIVE THIS A WATCH! It has made this movie very watchable - and more importantly - enjoyable again!

Now, please go gentle on me - this is my first ever review...

I will start by saying that I am not a video or audiophile - and only watch movies via a 55" screen, without surround sound, etc. To me, the cutting/editing of the movie, was excellent - done to a very high quality, and I didn't notice any parts that jarred me - all cuts seemed to be very clean and seemless. This was the 10GB+ version, and it looked absolutely beautiful on the 55" screen - and I'm sure it will be too on much larger screens.

So, onto what I think of the actual movie/story itself...

It 'does what it says on the tin' - most of the cringeworthy sequences are gone! Normally this kind of cutting would result in jumps in the story (leaving you wondering what happened unless you previously watched the theatrical edition) - however, DonKamillo has managed this in a way that has left a very fluid movie!

Gone are what I would consider extra scenes to force humour, where IMHO none is needed - and where they're (quite obviously) also trying to make sure that the movie has the appeal to younger kids, at the cost of telling a true Star Wars story. In these superfluious scenes, it made me feel as though I was back watching the prequels again... so, thankfully that is no longer an issue with this Fan Fix!

This really does feel much more aligned with the original trilogy, and leaves a vastly more watchable movie. So glad that the 'Mary Poppins' scene is gone - that was by far THE worst scene (IMHO) in the whole movie! The 'old guard' of the Star Wars movies, must have been thinking 'what in actual f*** are we doing here?' Well, that scene and the 'milk' drinking scene - thankfully that's gone too!

I'm hoping that we don't need you to make a Fan Fix of Episode IX - however, I will keenly look forward to it if you do! Mind you, you'll probably need to re-work whatever Leia scenes they force into it...

Thanks again for giving me a very enjoyable cut of TLJ, that I can certainly look forward to watching again!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply October 21, 2018

Thanks Stevie! :)

S
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments