Review Detail

9.6 38 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Finally the last one, the end of my HAL9000's SW marathon.

On a pure editing and technical level, this is really impressive and can't be praiseed enough. From the force ghosts, to the SFX add-ons, and scenes ajustements. Everything works great, pretty stunning work from everyone involved.

On the other hand, it's by FAR the weakest SW in my opinion. The story doesn't make sense (looks a like a bad video game side quest), there's a lack a tension and epic scenes especially considering it's last one. Everything is written in reaction to the previous one, so it ruins the trilogy continuity...

You've done great work, as always, but I think this one can't really be saved, just better. Unlike the prequels (contained great stories but badly highlighted), it is a mediocre movie and a bad SW in his very core,

If I had to watch it again, you edit is clearly the way to go. But I don't think I will.

This review comes after two weeks of binge-watching your 10 fanedits (Rogue One included). And I can't thank you enough for all your hard work enhancing and sometimes saving thoses great childhood memories.

Your work is from now on, my official Skywalker Saga. Can't wait to watch them again.

Thanks for this great edit (even if the movie is really mid I think), and french subtitles as always.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
June 17, 2022
Wow, thank you for taking the time to add reviews for these, and it warms my heart whenever I hear of these being enjoyed. I share your criticism of this film in particular, and it’s been wonderful to find myself channeling a tidal wave of communal creativity to bring to bear on it.
H
hal9000
1 results - showing 1 - 1