finalorder_spence_front
FanFix April 25, 2022 3147
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Visual Editing

Audio Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Going into The Rise of Skywalker I was excited, but coming out of it there were things about the movie I did not like! I felt like they tried to back track some things from The Last Jedi, plus there were things about the story that just didn't make sense to me. It seemed like a bit of mess. While there are things I liked about the movie, there was a lot of stuff I didn't like, and I just didn't think any of it could be fixed with editing.

Lucky for us Spence came to the rescue! This edit was phenomenal!

While there are still some things story wise that just couldn't be fixed, Spence managed to go above and beyond my expectations! They cut out a lot of things I had issues with and really brought the story more in line with the The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. I really like that Rey in this edit isn't related to anyone and doesn't have to "earn" anything she has or is in this story. Plus some of the nonsense I didn't care for was cut (goodbye Lightspeed skipping!), and a lot of The Last Jedi back tracks were removed which I appreciated.

Also, the added effects in this edit are top notch and I was really blown away by them!

Thank you for such a great edit Spence. This will definitely be my go to version when I watch the Sequel Trilogy!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments