(Updated: June 10, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

"THIS IS THE EDIT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR"

Spence my man...you really took the skin off the ball on this one.

Ths won't be a long review since I actually don't want to spoil it for people.

The FX work on this is first class...I mean Adywan levels of quality. Frankly, like others I had to go and do shot for shot comparisions since I did not believe what I saw . I ended up printing out the changes list and ticking them off on a second viewing, with the original in my second blu ray player cued up to switch between the two on my second GEEK pass, as opposed to my first clean watch through.

This is just leagues better than the theatrical version....which would rate a 7, so a big uptick on that score of Enjoyment to a 9. The only reason it is not a 10 is that there are just characters and performance whcih cannot be totally fixed or removed. Simialarly for Narrative, the original would be a 5 or 6, and again, this holds off being a 10 coz there is still a feeling of throwing in everything but the kitchen sink, HOWEVER, this is now a lot cleaner narrative wise, and the excisions made are masterfully executed.

This is a stellar peice of work and even though I concur with many of @nic 's points sits in an Amray case on the shelf next to the official version (which is sine inwards, so that I do not accidentaly watch it EVER AGAIN)!

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments