Review Detail

9.3 20 10
FanFix August 23, 2012 7248
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by InfoDroid — April 9, 2011 @ 1:30 am

Dear Kerr,

Just got done watching this on YouTube. It’s not an easy film to edit, but you made what I thought were some very innovative choices during a few key moments that I haven’t seen tried before. Your solution to the Palpatine transformation problem, the fast-paced, uncut Mustafar duel and pretty much the entire third act of the film were all examples of how we can turn garbage into greatness just by snipping a few shots.

For example, look how much more effective the Vader transformation is without the “Frankenstein” scene. And you don’t even miss it! Padme’s death also felt so much more poignant.

One thing I was hoping for was a change in the voice of the “surfer dude” Neimoidian on Grevious’ ship. Just a pet peeve of mine. And I thought there was a slight misstep in the order of the birth of the Rebellion scene and Padme and Anakin’s talk at her apartment. I think if you flip the order of those two scenes, it would be much more effective because it provides the causation for Padme to start doubting the Republic’s stance on the war.

But those two tiny quibbles aside, it’s still a ten-star review for me. I think it’s the best edit of ROTS to date. I only wish there was a DVD version available. It would be my preferred version of Episode III.

Very, very good work!

–InfoDroid
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments