Review Detail

9.3 20 10
FanFix August 23, 2012 7299
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by Diamond Wan — March 6, 2011 @ 10:24 am

Hats off to Kerr- this is an amazing Episode 3 fanedit. Amazing that at 88 minutes in length, it did not feel like a chop-up hack of the original! I have been planning an Episode 3 edit in my head for some time, and Kerr’s edit has a very close feel to what I am planning, and I have to admit, he added several concepts that I may “borrow”.

Quick list of things I loved: Along with all of the usuals that accompany any Episode 3 fanedit (balcony scene removal, less Anakin whining, etc), the opening battle sequence moves at a strong pace and gets to the point, Grievious has been retooled to be far more sinister (and his hacking cough is almost all gone!), the deleted scenes add extra texture as to how Palpitine works Anakin against the senate/Jedi, Anakin’s fall is far more believable, the Obi/Aniakin fight is nicely condensed, (but I still can’t stand those damn floating discs), Padme’s death and the ending works far better.

Wish list: Wish the audio was Dolby Digital 5.1 as opposed to Dolby Surround. Also, the video quality was passable, but barely. Was very obvious that this is at least two generations away from the original DVD quality (The original Ep 3 DVD has the sharpest and best picture of the Prequel Trilogy).

Conclusion: There were a few moments I would remove from this edit, and a few moments I would add back in, but for now, this stands as my “best of” Episode 3 edits, and sits alongside L8wtrs Episode One, and my edit of Episode 2 – It is nice to actually enjoy the Prequel trilogy again – thank you.

Review by Diamond Wan — March 7, 2011 @ 1:19 am

I forgot to mention perhaps my favorite part of Kerrs edit in my previous review – How he handled Palpitine becoming “Prune Face” is a standout – although I eagerly await Bob Garcia’s digital handywork on this scene which looks to top Kerrs excellent editing and digital lighting work.

Overall 9/10
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments