FanFix February 13, 2014 25625
(Updated: May 10, 2015)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Overall, this was a very masterful edit of one of my least favorite movies of all time, making it very watchable, and in fact, rather enjoyable. I felt like this was the first time I actually bought the whole relationship with Padme and it didn't feel forced at all. Amazing! The only story bit that seemed weird was Padme and Anakin coming to rescue Obi-wan. I liked the idea of cutting the "adventure scene" here, but without it, it all felt really... rushed... how did Dooku know they were there, how did they know where to go to see Dooku, why were they prisoners AFTER that? etc. Great idea, and probably the best that could be done with what was available, but I think I would have rather kept the other scene.

The editing seems really well done, as nothing seemed out of place or weird, and the sound was good. I did have one quibble with the otherwise masterful editing apparent on this movie: during the fight with Dooku there is like a frame or two of Anakin injured that flashes up on the screen right before it transitions to Padme (1:33:48) which I'm guessing is where that section of film originally lived before it got moved to a little while later. It may have been intentional, but it didn't seem it to me. It also seemed to be the exact same footage, which makes me think it was an error.

Altogether though, this was a fantastic edit that easily replaces the original in my opinion, and so far a great prequel trilogy from Hal9000!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply May 20, 2015

The shot of Anakin in pain was like that originally; I hadn't changed it. Glad you enjoyed it!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments