Review Detail

9.7 8 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Wow, this edit is night and day to the original, it's like watching an entirely different film—one that's actually good... one that's actually *Star Wars*. I've been watching these films my whole life and I never could have imagined having Attack of the Clones move me, emotionally, in the way that this edit manages to do. When I reached the point where Anakin confesses his dark deeds to Padme, I actually teared up. I was that invested in him, in them.

There are places where the audio volume bounces around a bit--some of this is just mixing between cut footage, but a few points seemed off without any reason, possibly to cover musical cues. Listening on a full speaker setup made these jumps in volume a little jarring, but only once or twice.

The battle sequence at the end drags a bit, and there are still issues with the source material that can't quite be solved. My partner found it frustrating that the Jedi just went along with this sudden clone army that appears: "Why are they agreeing to use it and lead it?" And they also found it annoying that all the Jedi just show up on Geonosis to get themselves shot. These are not things that can be corrected by the edit, they're pretty endemic to the source.

Despite these quibbles, however, this feels like the film we all wanted. It's pure gold. Highly recommend.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply July 09, 2023

Just wanted to mention that I discovered that many of the audio issues were due to a render error in Adobe Premiere/Media Encoder. I believe they've been fixed now. I've also gone back to tweak some audio levels in the deleted scenes and redone footage that I added to hopefully create a much more seamless experience.

D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
(Updated: May 15, 2023) May 15, 2023
Agreed. I have always felt that this is one of the best edits of Episode II. It was an honor to approve it and become friends with the editor. It certainly deserves more love. Thank you for your gracious review!
A
artisdead
May 18, 2023
Really appreciate your review! If you recall any specific points where the volume went off, please let me know. I would love to go back and try to fix those areas if I can.
D
dsqrdstudio
2 results - showing 1 - 2