Review Detail

9.7 8 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I agree with everything the previous reviewers said about keeping the plot points and sequences intact but slight trims here and there to reduce the cringe. I like the droid factory and arena sequence (something other edits have removed completely) so I was happy to see those scenes left in. My favourite part of AotC is the mystery vibe as Obi Wan is tracking down Kamino. The deleted scene with the jedi temple identification droids is very much welcome, since it is referred to later when Dex says "those droids only focus on 'symbols" . The subtitles regarding Syfo-Dias are a brilliant idea, since this aspect is left up to the imagination in the official version. George Lucas meant to come back to this thread in RotS, but it didnt make the cut, and viewers were left without a solid explanation (As an aside, I think it would pack quite an emotional punch if Yoda and Obi Wan found out during/shortly after Order 66 that the clones were ordered by Dooku, posing as Sifo-Dyas, who himself was ordered by Sidious. They would come to the realization they had been fooled all along, and didnt know it).

Anyways, I was following along with the cutlist as I was watching the edit, and paid close attention to the VFX shots to try and catch what the editor did. I can say that even when paying specific attention to these shots, nothing looks weird and I did not notice it had been edited at all. This edit is definitely one of the better AotC edits, and I will be paying attention to DsqrDStudio's future edits for sure.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply February 03, 2023

Thank you for watching the edit and taking time to write this review! I'm gratified that you enjoyed it and weren't able to spot the effects shots.

G
Top 500 Reviewer 9 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments