Review Detail

8.0 2 10
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Overall rating

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

Review by darthscourge — October 9, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

Being the worst ever SW movie, this is a tough job to make good. Even with all the editing here, there’s still so much that, IMHO of course, could be removed and redone. E.g. the droid factory sequence is almost completely redundant, and Bert and Ernie don’t need to be in it. They were supposed to remain on the ship – so that’s where they should stay. You cut out everything after 3PO falls to the factory floor, so why have them there at all? And I always hated Padme and the molten metal thing. Plus loads of lines could still be removed/reworked. I understand what problems editing these things causes with both video and audio cuts and score reworking, but…until I get any good at anything like this, I can’t really talk, hey? This is just personal opinion on the finished cut and not a slur on your editing, which is in fact quite good. A little jumpy at times (the Zam death scene and the Dexter cafe scene are examples) but a brilliant effort none the same.

I appreciate all the work done by ALL the editors here, I just really hate this movie (the original, not your work) and have yet to see a version that I want to show my kids. 8.5/10 for the editing and 6/10 for the movie (up from a 3.5 for the original GL version).
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments