Star Wars - Episode II: Path to the Dark Side
2. New crawl, and the shot pans down (thanks to Darth Editous!!!)
3. Deleted scenes restored or partially restored include:
* Padme Addresses the Senate
* Jedi Analysis Droids
* Padme's parents house. It is important to note that this is not incongruous with Padme ascending to the throne at such an early age. Even in the unedited scene, nowhere does Padme introduce the man as her father. It is assumed that the Queen Mum is now remarried.
* Padme's Bedroom is partially restored
* Obi-Wan and Mace in the Jedi Hangar (The similar scene with Yoda has been removed).
* Count Dooku trying to persuade Amidala to join the Separatists
* Trial and Sentencing of Padme and Anakin (with new subtitles)
4. References to Amidala as a senator have been removed. Amidala is still Queen of Naboo, and she has focused on leading the opposition to the Galactic Senate's Military Creation Act. It is intimated that Jar Jar is actually the Senator from Naboo. All references to Queen Jamilla have been removed.
5. Zam's subplot of being a changeling is removed because it went nowhere. The Kamino Saber Dart thus becomes that much more lethal a weapon, based on the instant mummification effect it has on Zam.
6. Lots of bad dialogue has been cut or trimmed. Especially:
* The "Elevator" scene introducing Obi-Wan and Anakin
* Jar Jar greeting Obi-Wan and Anakin
* Some of Anakin's dialogue during the speeder chase. His actions are deliberate now.
* Padme handing over the reins to Jar Jar
* "At least we have Artoo with us ... (laughter)"
* "I hate sand ..."
* Boba Fett's snicker
* "I'm a Jedi ... I know I'm better than this."
* Anakin pouring his heart out to Padme in front of the fire. This has been trimmed down to a more effective speech, helping to show the tension they both feel. It's clear that there is romantic tension between the two of them without this dreadfully awful soliloquy.
7. Much of Anakin's whineyness and awkwardness has also been removed throughout the movie. Some Specifics:
* Beautiful, especially for a Senator, etc etc.
* "It's not fair ..."
* "He's jealous ..."
* Riding around on that big tick thing in the field and rolling around in the heather with Padme.
* Shots of his dream about his mother are inserted into his nightmare sequence to break up the awkwardness of this shot without losing its purpose. Doesn't quite look like he's jerking off in bed to thoughts of his mother anymore.
8. The Geonosian Archdukes's subtitles have been rewritten for effectiveness and faster reading.
9. Dooku's alliance with Sidious is not revealed until their scene together at the end. Little bits of dialogue before this about "my master" have been removed. For that matter, his being a Sith is not revealed until his saber is fired up (assuming you judge a Sith by his saber color). This all leaves for some
Pretty horrible movie, why u no cut more out? New dream scene was a unique dafuq moment.
A/V Quality - 10
Editing - 7 visual, 9 audio
Narrative - 5
Enjoyment - 5 (original is 5)
Recommended drink: Mike’s Hard Blood Orange
Audio/Video Quality: Something similar to the first episode made by adigitalman happens here. The quality is good but not enough if we compare it with the Blu-Ray new editions that can be bought everywhere.
Visual Editing: A lot of cuts were made in this movie although a lot of new extra deleted scenes were introduced, hence the similar duration between the original one and this edition. Some are not very polished.
Audio Editing: Like in the first part, a lot of the changes made cut out sentences that the character do not say anymore. However I feel some cuts could have been made, specially when the movie is near to an end.
Narrative: The narrative is changed a little but nothing very impressive. I did like the scenes where we get to know a little more about Amidala's private life, because they add something different, lost in the originals.
Enjoyment: The sensantion after watching this movie is in general terms good. Anakin does not seem so childish until the end of the movie where I believe something more could have been done but it is ok.
View all my reviews (1)
Review by phillygiraffe — May 21, 2009 @ 4:23 am
Overall, I’m a fan of this edit. However I do have some thoughts:
firstly, the switch from Padme going to bed to having Obi-Wan and Anakin running into the bar on Coruscant looking for the would-be assassin is way to abrupt. Without the assassination attempt or the chase scene, it makes the search for the maker’s of the dart confusing.
secondly, you need to decide on one scene that portrays Obi-Wan expressing his concerns to Yoda or Mace Windu on whether or not Anakin is ready for his first assignment. Because Mace Windu is present in both scenes, it makes Obi-Wan look like a broken record saying the same things twice.
it’s a pity for the deleted scenes, George Lucas didn’t add the final details of the CGI, but that is beyond your control. You made the transitions between those scenes very smooth.
4/5 nice work