FanFix September 08, 2022 2125
(Updated: October 07, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The new title is hard to swallow, but the editing choices here do make the re-titling relevant, as the edit places the focus on Naboo, its people, and its politics. I never hated the political parts of the Prequels, as the overarching story and subtext are dependent on it. The editing choices here do nicely emphasize these parts without spending too much time on them.

I've never seen an edited version of Episode I that nails *both* the typical trimming for pacing and the theatrical story beats in the first third. Maybe one day.

Following the first twenty minutes, the edit settles into a nice comfortable pace and the edits are mostly invisible. Nice to see the original Episode I puppet Yoda again, too. The typical fan edit changes are here...trimming Gungan City, Jar Jar, midiclorians, and bad child acting. Another Episode I fan edit that improves on the theatrical. Quite a bit gets the ax but some deleted moments are re-inserted as well. This version strikes a good balance in its length: not too long and not too short.

Seen quite a few Episode I edits now. 'The Rise of Naboo' is not my favorite, but I'd put it in the top five.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments