Review Detail

8.0 45 10
(Updated: September 10, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by blueyoda — January 2, 2012 @ 6:08 am

I’m sorry to say that this didn’t work out for me. Like everybody else I was extremely hyped to see this but I ended up disappointed; perhaps I over-hyped myself and expected another War of the Stars but most of the jokes fell flat and I found it difficult to finish the fanedit, frequently checking my watch.

The most difficult part was the audio editing, specifically the dialog; Frink reconstructed the dialog in almost every scene to tell a new story. It’s a great idea but one that’s better on paper; I guess Frink did the best he could to blend everything together and while the result is in theory funny, in practice it makes it difficult to follow the story and it completely pulled me out of the movie. Which is a shame because it’s obvious that a lot of work went into this.

The other thing I found obnoxious was the repetitive nature of a lot of the jokes; many were based on characters interrupting each other and being rude. It was funny once or twice; repeated all over the edit it was predictable and unfunny.

Some of the jokes did hit their mark and made me laugh but they were buried underneath too much choppy sound editing and too many repetitive or awkward humor. The entire thing felt to me like a bad Family Guy episode.

In my opinion this would have worked as a shorter fanedit; trimming the movie down to maybe an hour and only keeping the material that truly worked. But still, Frink has to be congratulated for effort alone, having changed just about every scene in the movie. For a firstling, this is truly impressive. I recommend this fanedit for die hard fans of Star Wars.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments