Review Detail

8.0 45 10
(Updated: September 10, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by TMBTM — December 24, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

First I was afraid (petrified?) to not like this edit for the same reason some people did not quite like my War of the Stars edit: jarring sound editing at parts. Bad audio cuts, even if obviously intentionals are difficult to handle, even more than bad video cuts. I saw various “in the making” little previews of this edit and I thought: those are fun, but could they stand the long run of a feature movie? I’m glad to say that, to me, the answer is yes.

L8wrtr said pretty much what I think about Ridiculous Menace in his review so I won’t say much more.
There was rarely more than 2 or 3 minutes without a real good laugh, and I have to say that English is not my first language (but if you know those movies you know already pretty much all the lines used here. They are just twisted upside down) and I think I missed a very few amount of jokes.

Some repetitive gags are a bit too long, indeed, (senat and Obi falling from the platforms comes to mind), but I have to say that the pod race was maybe one of the highlight of the edit to me. So I guess humor is a strange thing ;) Many characters motivations are changed in this edit (Qui-Gon on Tatooine was genius) and it really felt like a new ride.

I also think that all the work Frink did on his cutlists for a lot of other prequels fanedits helped him a lot to have in mind all the lines and all the potential ridiculousness of the scenes.

All in all it was a very refreshing way to watch this movie (again…) 9/10 from me.

First I thought about a 8/10 rating because of the audio editing, but really, the amount of laugh during the viewing was too high, it needed an extra point.

PS: please find a way to bring back Rick Olié for the sequel! He was a great help understanding some key scenes ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments