Review Detail

8.2 8 10
(Updated: September 10, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Enjoyment

Review by geminigod — April 26, 2011 @ 12:51 am

Sorry, but I just can’t give this edit quite the same overall props that everyone else is. I can give you a 10/10 for your creative vision, but this plays out like a rough preliminary cut. There are major sound, video, and technical editing problems that make this movie barely watchable for me in its present form. It got better once we get to tatooine, but I almost stopped watching during the first 30 minutes due to the technical issues related to the re-scoring, sound equalization issues, low video quality, jump cuts, poor story tracking cuts, etc.

That said, I do think that if you get the right tools and take the time to tinker around with this, your technical skills may catch up to your creative skills and result in a finished product that could stand on a video shelf with the originals and some of the other great star wars edits. I really do hope you do this, or work with another editor to help try to bring your vision to life, because I really do think it could be great.

If I stumble across some appropriate footage that you could plant for Naboo being terrorized, I will let you know. It was a good idea, but the BSG footage just doesn’t work, and the music certainly doesn’t work!

Lastly, my two cents on the whole virgin birth thing is that it is crazy to keep it, but that’s just my opinion. I thought that was the one edit that everyone could agree on, but I have never before heard this theory that somehow the Emperor genetically manipulated and apparently conducted some sort of in vitro fertilization on Anakin’s mom. Not sure where this theory came from, but it sounds like a giant stretch that I can’t buy into for more than a nanosecond before I scratch my head and say, “What?!” Where is that referenced? What evidence? If that were the case, why would the Emperor allow the mom to be a slave on Tatooine? Considering it was pure coincidence that Quigon even stumbled upon Anakin, how can this be rationalized as part of the Emperor’s plan? Why would the Emperor not have been training him from birth? Why does the Emperor act surprised regarding Anakin at the end? Rubbish.

Rating-wise, if I keep it simple with 3 categories: an average of 3/10 video, 2/10 audio, 10/10 creativity = 5/10.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments