9.2 49 10
FanFix January 19, 2014 49079
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Other than the original Phantom Edit, this is the first TPM edit I've watched...and I dug it!

Started strong and finished strong. The middle was hit/miss for me. There were certainly parts cut that I would've liked to remain and parts that remained that I would've liked to go...but I imagine that's how it is with any fan edit of a movie you're a fan of. I definitely missed the trip to Otoh Gunga though it was interesting to see an attempt at making the Jedi appear to know where they were going.

My favorite edit (decision and execution) was Anakin intentionally taking a ship to join the fight. I don't know if that concept originated with this edit (as there are so many) but it was just brilliant!

On to watch your versions of Episodes II & III...

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 18, 2015
If you like the trip to Otoh Gunga, you may want to check out L8wrtr's fanedits. They're a little harder to come by, but I would say between his and HAL9000's, they are both the best, most faithful edits (in that they don't have much of an agenda aside from making the movies more watchable, although HAL9000's stated overall agenda is to bring the PT into continuity with the OT).
G
glogus
1 results - showing 1 - 1