9.2 49 10
FanFix January 19, 2014 48602
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Showed to my friends as their first exposure to fan edits. They were really impressed.

I was shocked to find myself liking Anakin, his mom (maybe she feels better now that her son isn't annoying), and even Jar Jar. This edit did a great job of fixing these characters.

The only issues my friends had were:
1: Jedi super speed should be removed from the start since Obi Wan fails to use it later when it would have really helped.
2: Scene with kid showing up to tow the Pod Racer looks like unfinished effects and felt out of place.
3: Friend noticed one cut when the combat was going on outside in the city with the droids.

One friend had seen Ep1 last year and was noticing dialogue bits removed and found it much smoother. I asked him if he noticed a large piece missing but he didn't notice the Gungan city missing until 2/3rds of the way through, "guess it was really important... ;) "

The other friend still felt Ep1 was pointless in that not much happens (Sidious gets a bit more power). But with the Anakin changes it is a much better intro to his character, he feels more like a main character.

I had to decide between this, seciors, and L8wrtr Star Wars edits. If anyone else is considering this, here was my reasoning:

Removing Sidious is good idea but I feared it would be too jarring to my friends. This edit does not do that.

This edit removed the idea of the "too old to train" and removed younglings. This is a great edit to make the Jedi not a creepy cult. Also when they talk about fear in this edit you get a sense that it is unreasonable fear / obsessiveness and not just that caring about your family that is wrong.
This edit changed the ending so destroying the drone ship was important.

HAL 9000 has finished edits of Ep2 and Ep3, so that is a benefit of having a continuation of the same ideas.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
H
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments