Star Wars - Episode I: A Vergence in the Force
2. New crawl (Thanks to Darth Editous!!!)
3. References to Amidala being an elected Queen of Naboo have been removed. Amidala is simply a young queen of a democratic constitutional monarchy, much like Great Britain's government.
4. Jar-Jar's slapstick has been largely removed throughout the movie
5. Anakin's childishness has largely been removed throughout the movie
6. Boss Nass' strange tics have been removed
7. There are no fart jokes or poop jokes
8. No friggin' midichlorians.
9. Deleted scenes restored or partially restored include:
* Waterfall sequence
* Dawn before the race
* Extended Lap 2
* Anakin fighting Greedo
* Probe Droid following Qui-Gon and Anakin out of town - Earlier probe sequence was shifted here as well
10. Some extraneous bits of the Podrace sequence were removed.
11. Music added behind the podrace to heighten the tension.
12. Ask Aak's line is now in Malastarian and subtitled to match his lines in Episode II.
13. Jar Jar is not made a General. He simply fights alongside his fellow Gungans.
14. A significant piece of the Gungan battle is removed due to Jar Jar's antics. It is edited seamlessly without detriment to the story.
15. Anakin's ship is not on autopilot as he goes of to destroy the control ship. All all of his actions are deliberate.
Man he barely cut anything. Sure some of the most offensive things are gone (midichlorians, poop, etc.) but there is still so much pain to be had watching this. Tech side was solid.
A/V Quality - 10
Editing - 10
Narrative - 8
Enjoyment - 3 (original 2)
Recommended drink: Mike’s Hard Lemonade (Black Cherry)
Audio/Video Quality: The Audio and Video Quality of the DVD version of this edit was allright. Nothing special specially by today standards but your eyes wil not be damaged after the end credits appear on TV.
Visual Editing: A lot of small changes were made in this edit. Most of themes were cuts that were not very impressive. There were some added scenes one of which I consider to damage the overall experience.
Audio Editing: The Audio Editing was pair to its visual counterpart. Not having to hear the uncontinuous stupid nonsenses that we are used to from Jar Jar Bink's is clearly the best thing in this fan edition.
Narrative: The narrative is a little darker than in the original. While I found this to be good, I realised that it could be a little boring for the children, something that does not happen with the rest of the movies.
Enjoyment: The movie was a good entertainment to watch but I felt nothing really special. Most of the changes were good but I found the podrace a little too long, something that I do not originally feeel.
Review by AlaskanStar — January 17, 2010 @ 1:19 am
I liked it but still too much Jar Jar and too much silly comments from Anakin in the end battle. Overall it was a good edit. I am really impressed by the overall skill of the editors on this site. I would give it a 6.5-7/10. Still think the Phantom Edit is the best all around. Keep up the good work!
Review by geminigod — January 6, 2010 @ 12:45 am
Well done Adigitalman. I gave you 8/10. I gave Phantom Edit 9/10. Overall I feel phantom editor did a slightly better job staying focused on story and keeping it paced well and cutting cutting cutting. On the other hand you deserve a great deal of credit. With the exception of a few minor sound edit glitches I noticed in an attempt to silence jar jar, the editing was well done and the video quality was maintained better than Phantom Edit.
Clearly you were a big fan of the pod race and added onto it. It is most certainly the most enjoyable action sequence other than the saber battle at end. But it does drag a bit too long and is too childish in your version for my taste. Better to keep the movie moving quickly and keep it under 2 hours. On a positive note, I think I like your cut of the end battle sequence possibly more than Phantom Editors. He left in a couple lines from Anakin and a few more jar jar antics than I cared for. On a negative note, you left in the flying through the planet’s core and subsequent waterfall sequence that is possibly the most retarded sequence in the whole movie.
All in all, criticisms aside, 8/10 is pretty high marks from my critical ass.