Review Detail

8.6 34 10
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

Review by amatar — June 29, 2010 @ 1:38 pm

I watched every single Star Wars movie when they came out in the theatres. I was 4 when the original came out, and I was first in line to see TPM in theatres - I only had to wait 12 hours, as the theatre I went to didn't tell anyone they were selling advanced tickets, and I managed to get a hold of some - so I wasn't one of those poor bastards who had to camp out for a month to be the first in lol

Anyways, AOTC was the only one of the saga I never saw in the theatre, and I don't regret it at all. After renting it, I hated it with a stinking passion like nothing I can quite describe. A worse movie could not have been made.

I watched this edit, and it seems as though everything that was horrible about this movie was cut out - my God, it is actually watchable!

Video Quality: 10
Audio Quality: 10
Editing: 10
Improvement over the original: This is where I have to complain, which is truly too bad. I will explain:

The opening crawl:

The opening crawl explains why he did the edits he did, completely blowing away ANY sort of continuity with the rest of the saga.

It honestly set the tone as some sort of a satire, I couldn't take it seriously after reading it, and it completely ruined the movie for me, which is honestly and truly too bad, as the editing, sound and video were 100% top notch. I cannot possibly complain about any of the editing decisions. Great direction. Great choices.

I understand the urge to explain WHY you did the edit, but couldn't the explanation be done in a disclaimer or something BEFORE the movie started? I'm very sorry to say that I had to delete this edit. I will try to find something that comes close I guess.

I am having a hard time rating this movie overall, as you did such a wonderful job technically. In the end, sadly, I have to give it a 5 out of 10 as the movie was ruined before it started, the mood is half of the movie. The technical side is the other half, and that half gets top marks.

I cannot recommend this edit if you want a true Star Wars movie. If you don't pay attention to the opening crawl in the first place, then this edit is for you.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments