Review Detail

9.9 167 10
Enjoyment

I am absolutely gobsmacked!

I downloaded the DVD version of the movie (of which i already own) and was expecting a reasonable quality cut or edit of the entire film… but upon pressing stop after the final credits had rolled up… I was left sitting there absolutely STUNNED as to the quality of and vision of what I had just witnessed.

Firstly, on a more down-to-earth and credible basis, I have already created my own Fan-Edit of The Phantom Menace, which was no more than a re-cut with all the deleted scenes seamlessly intergrated back into the theatrical cut and logging in at an almost 6 gigabyte DivX .avi file. So I know FIRST HAND the amount of effort needed to turn out work of this nature. Yet, to generate entirely new scenes and properly execute and manipulated flawless alterations of existing scenes takes an extremely BIG talent. This is probably the foremost reason as to why I am as impressed about this edit more than I have been impressed by any edit of a movie before.

George Lucas… PAY ATTENTION TO THIS MAN!

He has single-handedly done in 2 years what a team of artists and editors could not do in not much less than that… that is, to create a movie that was in all ways, closer to the original vision that even George Lucas, I am sure, was aware of. As far as this movie goes (apart from a minor disappointment of the removal of the Jabba sequence), this too has become my preferred version of the movie.

If George Lucas doesn’t give this guy a job at ILM, then it will only help to confirm my long-held suspicions of his overall theatrical arrogance and ‘pig-headedness’ in relation to story, history and fan-appreciation.

Adywan… I commend you. You deserve to cement your place in Star Wars history with this effort. I look forward with anticipation to each and every future project you share with us, hungry fans

THANKYOU!!!
M
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments