Review Detail

9.9 167 10
(Updated: May 26, 2008)
Enjoyment

WOWWWW!!!!! The single most best edition of this film EVER! Most impressive.

I sure hope Lucas gets to see and appreciate this edit, and release it inplace of any further editions. This is perfect, and is what i had in mind personally that i wanted to see a fan edit to be. 11/10

Favorite parts…

Tie-Fighter attack at the end,
WOW! that gave me shivers seeing all those extra fighters turn up.

Obi-Wan versus Vader,
At last, the lightsabers do the scene justice and the new ROTS music is perfectly placed for that scene. (again, another shivers down the spine moment.

Added planet in background of death star, brilliant. Makes it fit nicely with the prequels, and looked refreshing. The death star on its own originally, kinda looked stale and low budget. New effects work you did, switched off any snooze factor.

Greedo blinks,
Fantastic! perfectly done, and it adds more realism to the rubber headed characters in the bar making them seem less like masks. Genius!

Alderaan, BANG!!!! at last!

Luke lightsaber training, Finally, the blade is blue, not dark green.

This is what the dvd release SHOULD have been. And i urge every star wars fan to get hold of it. Also, great work for ironing out ALL the kinks.

My 3 only gripes (minimal),

I actually quite liked the Dvd version, added scene with Han n Jabba at mos eisly, shame its missing.+ the Falcon letting rip on the troopers before it takes off.

Death star exploding, Better than usual, but still dont seem big enough, maybe a few more added fx and sounds? loved the lasers starting up though.

Lasers were excellent, mostly, but maybe a few variety of shots needed? some wider? some more glow? just to break it up a bit, and flashes on gun turrets at the end were great, but a few times they were a bit overpoweringly green. Loved the gun room green glows though.

Finally, a few creative suggestions to ponder???

Have you ever thought of adding a completely new scene, of the torpedoes going down the shaft into the deathstar? Maybe it hitting the reactor and a seizmic charge like explosion, which would of followed through the destruction of the deathstar with the blue shockwave that you have now removed. Thats something i wanted to attempt myself, but havnt tryed fanediting yet. Just an idea.

Also, i thought of adding some subtle black veins appear in the neck of the guy vader force-chockes, or a few dimples.

My main suggestion though, is PLEASE do your thing with Empire strikes back! Id love to see added at-at footage etc, maybe change a few lasers on hoth. I few explosions, maybe even the odd gunship cameo to the battle. ?

Empire is a perfect film, but i could still see more fun to be had.

All in all though WELL DONE and thanks for sharing this experience! Genius!

Oh, and have you thought of releasing it as a DVD, as opposed to xvid? i had a few probs converting it to dvd.

Added May 27, 2008:
ADYWAN, Awsome definitive edition of Star Wars, as i mentioned above.

But I’ve been away from the site for a while and I just spotted the Empire strikes back trailer. OH DEAR!!!!! Seeing an army of AT-Ats come over that horizon made the hairs on my neck stand on end. CAN NOT WAIT to see that battle!!!!!!! Hope lots of new effects are added there, maybe a few gunships could join the battle and get blown away? and tie fighters? Also, the lasers from the satelite dish shaped lasers, i thought would be good if you went over them with maybe blue beam lasers like in attack of the clones battle? bit of lightning maybe? In the original, all the lasers look the same, even the big ones.

The big charged laser from the AtAt that blows up the rebel base even looked like a regular laser bolt. Would love to see a big battle makeover.

Also off topic, if you do a return of the Jedi, when vader throws his saber at luke near the end, how about have it spinning and return to vaders hand rather than him go pick it up. Not very jedi like.
I thought it would also be cool, if when luke throws the rock at the button on the wall, that kills the rancor, if he used the force to throw the rock rather than pick it up and aim manually. I have thought about this for a while and reckon its possible.

I wonder what it would be like if Luke lights vaders funeral pire with his green lightsaber instead of a burning torch? hmm. food for thought.

As for ANH, THANKS!!!!!!!!!! And you should post it up on mininova or demonoid to get more people seeing it. superfundo.org is also brilliant.
B
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments