Review Detail

9.9 166 10
Enjoyment

Well, where do I begin?
I have been visiting this site for a while now and I have downloaded various different versions of the Star Wars saga. Most it has be said, have been lacking in some respect, so it was with a little trepidation that I downloaded yet another new version of the film that I enjoy so much.
Within minutes I realised that this is the DEFINITVE version of Star Wars Episode 4.
The laser blasts look far cleaner and crisp. There are several shots added during the rebel blockade attack that just add so much to the scene without being obtrusive.
The inclusion of Han’s new manuevers astounded me, as did the dog fight above the Death Star.
Also, the new schematics during the breifing on Yavin 4 and a new technical readout in the Base 1 control room looked fantastic.
What really blew me away though was the cantina sequence. They way that the faces of the background aliens now have motion just looked awesome, it added so much to the scene and it makes me wonder why Lucas et all have not gone back and done this themselves. That being said, the quality of work that this fan editor has produced is so professional that it almost looks as though ILM have given this yet another special edition tweaking.
There is so much that is good about this release that I could go on and on commenting upon all the changes but I should really just let the film speak for itself. I really cannot find any fault with it at all.
If you haven’t already, download this, burn it to disc and then replace your original Episode 4 disc – it really is that good.
Only one question remains……Will this editor now turn their attention to Episodes 5 & 6 or is that too much to ask?
If so, George Lucas take note, your films are about to get a make over and will only benefit from what this editor has to offer.
If you, the Editor, are reading this, I thank you. Your incredible work has increased my enjoyment of the film and is greatly appreciated.
T
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments