Review Detail

9.9 167 10
Enjoyment

That… was… JUST… incredible.

At 4PM today [Jan 20] my download finished. This is something I’ve truly been itching to watch for a long, long, time. Words can ill describe how I wanted to see this.

I opened up my media player and dragged in the file.

The film opened.

The first thing I saw after the logo sequence (which uses the new Fox fanfare) was, well, IT. The logo, then the crawl. I allowed myself to sit back and watch it like a whole new film, and my jaw dropped.

Every laser in this film has been rotoscoped to look much more real. And real they do look. The first shot panning down from the starfield to the battle looked so much better than the Special Edition. It went inside and it actually had a longer corridor battle scene.

For a film that has cut and pruned so much, it’s amazing that it actually runs 7 minutes longer than its original time. But the subtlety lies in the fact that there’s not much radical editing – except there’s some amazing colour correction and a total remix of the soundtrack. The final battle scene of the film is the highlight.

Here nearly the whole sequence has been remastered with new special effects, lasers, colour correction, sound remixes, the works. It runs exactly the same as the original version, but it looks so much better.

And now for the downside. There are some minor spelling mistakes in the end credits. But that’s all I have to fault this utterly perfect version of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

5 out of 5 for quality, presentation, story, and in anything else you could care to name. This isn’t flattery, this is the truth. I was blown away by this presentation.

Watch it, fool!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments