Review Detail

8.8 11 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The sequel trilogy is, from start to finish, an utter trainwreck without any logic or plan in place. Editing one movie into something good is an enormous task but doing so for a whole trilogy is nearly impossible.

Wakeupkeo did a fairly admirable job distilling the wreckage into something more cohesive and (thank god) shorter to consume rather than sitting through 3 long and meandering movies. It still has some logical inconsistencies, but that's not entirely the fan editor's fault. The Canto Bight sequence is something that should have been excised, and other edits have done that (as well as cutting out Benicio Del Toro's character) well enough, speeding up the Last Jedi section and removing the awfulness of that entire time waster.

Overall, if you like the sequel trilogy you'll like this more. If you hate it (as I do) you'll hate it a little less. I wouldn't recommend the edit to someone who dislikes this trilogy but for sure would to a full fledged or on the fence fan.

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply June 13, 2021

Thanks for the honest review! I wish you watched the Anti-TJL Cut that excised Canto and the space chase, probably more your style, but fair criticism.

K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments