FanFix April 06, 2021 4361
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is STELLAR piece of creativity.

I have long contemplated this as a project myself, but Subjectzero nailed it by using material from Rogue One and welding together a narrative that has no noticeable gaps or holes. That is a feat in itseflf considering that half the underlying material has basically been evaporated!

I need to keep this spoiler free, but I will say there moments of genius in here.

The only reason I'm knocking a star off, again without spoilers, is there are a couple of narrative progressions which could benefit from a smoother approach, plus I would have preferred maybe Harmy's DeSpecialized as the source, but hey I'm nitpicking frankly...this is nevertheless incredible. There are moments gone which I did not even notice, until I found myself on my second viewing keeping an eye open for them and just being amazed at how deftly they were surgically excised with xero detriment to my enjoyment and engagement.

The finale especially is so well edited in audio and visuals that frankly, I could not believe how well it worked and how seamless the whole sequence was.

Couple that with improved Tarkin and Leia, and lots of little touches and add-ons, and frankly, this is a real treak and my "go to" version when I want to re-watch the original trilogy.

BRAVO Sir! I just can't knock that start off....
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments