FanFix April 01, 2021 5449
(Updated: July 26, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A couple edits toward the beginning are a little jarring but I don't think it could be helped much given the narrative changes. I noticed edits much less as time went on and I do appreciate how well it worked considering how much I agree with those changes. One thing I will note that I miss despite agreeing with the changes is some of the old Padme. Unfortunately, while I welcome the changes to Anakan's personality I feel like other changes came at a sacrifice of Padme's character. She takes much less of a pro-active role.

I felt watching this much more appreciative of Anakin's more reserved character and his fall felt more tragic for me with the narrative more focused. I appreciated that while a lot of cringey cheese was toned down we still get some good fun lines from good ol Obi Wan. 3PO and R2D2 are through-out in short sequence that seem like they are hanging around the film for transitional scenes.

As I watched this edit, I found myself contemplating the role of the jedi, zen, desire, loss, fascism, authoritarianism - The politics were actually enjoyable. Thank you so much for this edit. I didn't know the prequels could be so enjoyable again. It's like a new life breathed into them :)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
P
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments