Star Wars - A New Hope: PossessedHot
- Audio borrowed from adywan's Star Wars Revisited in scenes with Vaders dialogue.
- Harmy's Despecialized
- The 1977, 1993, and 1997 sound mixes
- Interior shots of the millennium falcon in hyperspace provided by SirRidley.
- Blu-Ray (BD-25)
-New Color grade
-Reanimated lightsaber blades and blaster bolts (courtesy telecine7)
- consistent lights on Vaders chest, thanks to telecine7
- custom sound mix using the 1997 sound mix, with some scenes using the various mixes of the original version. Main theme replaced with the version from the soundtrack, which is the same performance but better quality.
- no se dewbacks
- Entire Mos Eisley sequence is the theatrical version, but with the SE shot of the falcon escaping the docking bay
-Shots of the interior millennium falcon in hyperspace provided by SirRidley
- Vader vs Obi Wan fight reedited with respect to the tone of the original
-Various small, minor trims to cut dated shots and bring the film more in line with later entries
-A few new surprises!
It's the same Star Wars that I've always love, but you can just tell that it's a little better. It's really obvious at some scenes (where I'm familiar with the gross CG that occupied the shots), but often it's subtle and I wouldn't have noticed it had I not read the cutlist (just cause I'm not super familiar with all the film's variations). One thing that is consistently amazing though is your regrade, I especially notice on the shots of 3PO and R2, for some reason, and often in some of the contrasting shots with true blacks. I wish I could say more about those subtle changes, because they really are amazing and deserve more attention, but I lack the capacity to do so, y'all'll just have to take my word for it.
Everybody watch this now. A lot of great work was done here, thus making this probably the best version of ANH I've seen. Albeit I've only seen the DVD/Blu-Ray/Disney+ versions and Harmy's Despecialized, but hey that still counts for something. Seriously great work man, I'm looking forward to watching the follow-up(s) planned.