Star Wars 30's Silent Edition Part 2 - Dusty Version
First I did not want to go too far in the changing process, but after some talkings at OT.com (thanks to you all) I began to realize that since a clean version was already available, this new “dusty” version needed to be quite different.
- New black and white and sometime different tints (mostly depending on wich planete the action takes place)
- Multiple Premiere Pro filters added to the picture, including a 18 frames per second filter.
- Noises, scratches, vignetting, bluring effects added.
- A simple audio menu with the choice between stereo or a “dusty” mono mix.
- Very minor new edits
- Minor text changes. (Thanks to Ripplin, for my english is not always very good!)
It's very difficult to improve on something that is already great and infact there are parts in this edit where you begin to miss the original cut but as an overall concept it is just great.
I always need to watch this back-to-back with the Pre-Qual silent film cut because when I watch it by itself it just feels out of place.
The movies are already fantastic so there isn't much to improve on but when you are in the mood for just a really unique look at Star Wars this does the trick in spades.