tng_season8_front.jpg
FanFix September 20, 2014 6649
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The TNG crew always had a rougher ride at the big screen than their predecessors, with many claiming the only gold nugget was First Contact. I've always enjoyed them personally , even if RedLetterMedia's deconstruction of the films remains a highlight of any daty where I'm bored. Fortunatly, MenBailee has managed an enviable edit that tightens the bolts on the TNG movies, including First Contact. I love FC as it was, but the trims made here are'nt at all unwelcome and keeps Picard in a state of composed and ordered calm becoming of a starfleet captain. Insurrection and Nemesis were my main points of interest. Insurrection is my favourite TNG movie ever. EVER. Better than First Contact by a mile (blasphemy I hear you say), but at it's core it is a vintage bit of TNG, cut down it's a great runaround and the new ending is more in-keeping with how a tv episode would end. Nemesis works well without the B4 subplot and while there are darker elements I wish could be removed, consistency and continuity means they have to stay. The ending is right on the dot too, a sound climax that brings all the themes of family and unity together as we bid the crew of the Enterprise safe passage into those "blue skies". Overall this is a great effort and it gives the TNG crew deserving dignity in their final journies together.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments