(Updated: November 14, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

No bias here FOLKS!

This is a tremendous enhancement to a classic episode. Completely and utterly flawless in every sense.

I won't spoil this by revealing where the double digit number of unused score enhancements are placed, since they are undetectable...I've seen this episode more times than I can count, and I think I spotted two, but was unsure...Turns out one was original. The other I only noticed coz I was fairly sure it did not have music.

But this goes deeper.

Wahat The Warlord has done is NOT as easy as many think. You don't just drop in the music, and job done.. It needs to be precisely placed in this case because the cues change with the mood and action of the scenes. If you are out by 12 frames, the cresendo is too ealy, or the romantic part starts too late. This is precision work friends, and then there is the volume adjustments which have to be faded up and down gently AND in the stlye of the series if it is not going to be jarring.. DIAMOND STUFF FOLKS.

And then finally, there is the impact these unused (not retro-fitted music for enhancement sake) make to the scenes they are in . Absolutely marvelous. In fact, in a secne that lasts nearly 2 mins, it astonishing that the producers removed the music.

And these are not short music cues...many exceed 1 minute.

Finally finally, the choice of Theme music matches the episode tone perfectly rather than that insanely loud Sopran in the new re-recording.

My only quibble, is I have grown to quite like the FX shots from the remastering and this uses the original effect, but that is balanced by delivering the authenic episode, as it would have been seen had the cues not been removed.

MASTERFULLY EXECUTED and thank you for reaching out to me to preview this. I am honored!

HIGH RECOMMENDED
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments