FanFix December 19, 2014 11087
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Whoa!

I still recall goosebumps at the first teaser poster and the cheers at the Empire Leicester Sq when the music started and the caption STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE appeared....and this edit had a near similar effect. Perfection.

It would be easy to over trim this or to saturate it with excessive sound FX, but here is where TM2YC excels in showing creativity with restraint.

This edit nails it!...all.

The AV is solid, the editing crisp and the audio super. The colour and visual FX fixes are marvelous. The narrative; engaging. I've done 2 edits of this for my own consumption...a 50 min and a sound enhanced one...and this is far better. I found that this just perfectly extracted the story and tone of classic trek like no other edit even though original music from the series was avoided...and rightly so.

I for one will have trouble watching the originals now and this now sits in the BD case with the original (of which I have 3 versions on DVD and one on BD).

If you are a STTTMP maligner, you owe it to yourself to watch this...on a big TV and big sound system at full pelt. It is the definitive version in my humble opinion.

I can't add to what has already been said apart from BRAVO!
W

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments