9.0 19 10
FanFix August 14, 2012 4166
(Updated: September 15, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

Review by Rogue-theX — August 28, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

This review is based on my opinions and my viewing experience. Nothing is meant as an attack. Spoiler warning.

AUDIO: Audio quality sounded fine on my 2.0 system. when the Reliant is coming around Regula to chase the Enterprise the audio transition between the two pieces of music did not work right, but it may have been the only option. The shot of the Reliant coming at the camera (just before spock says “they are reducing speed”), the music looping there could have been better. I felt that certain scenes were too quiet and others were too loud. When chapter 8 came in the music builds and then almost immediately dies off, the music there could have been left out entirely.
7 out of 10

VIDEO: The picture is letterboxed, but me and my regular tv didn’t mind :smile: . Image quality did not seem on par with the special edition dvd. I noticed a blip frame at around 1:12:52 between the shot of Uhura looking at the viewscreen and the shot of the damaged Reliant.
7 out of 10

Editing: When Chekov comes onto the bridge near the end offering assistance and the music continues, that worked very well. The first attack of Reliant towards Enterprise was excellent. The original series music worked wonders for the edit and helped make me believe I was watching a trek episode. It would have been nice to see a bit more Khan, not seeing very much of him now he loses some of his depth, but just hearing his last words over the comm was great. The cut where Sulu says “reliant in this sector and slowing” felt a bit forced.
8 out of 10

Entertainment: I very much enjoyed this edit of The Wrath Of Khan, it was fun. The black and white footage seen throughout from space seed ect. was very cool. Awesome title/credit sequences. Spocks funeral was classic trek, again made me feel like I was watching a genuine episode, but if it was shorter around 50-55 minutes it would have been even more convincing.
9 out of 10

Overall 8 out of 10.

On a side note, there was something about this edit, I don’t know what it was, but it reminded me of what originally attracted me to the film when I was a kid, all the fun and excitement that I had. I remembered what it was like watching it for the first time. It brought back forgotten memories of Lego Wrath of Khan re-enactments, making my friends watch the movie for the upteenth time. For that brief time I was a kid once again, a person I thought was lost, so thank you very much for that bionicbob.

Sincerely. Rogue.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments