starbeast_front
FanFix March 04, 2022 4910
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

In the original, the script takes a lot of time to establish the different characters, and takes almost half an hour for this.
Without this effort and the mood building, the original could have quickly gone into a trashy direction.

This edit gives us a taste of how quickly the overall mood can change when an equally important device like the soundtrack would have been different. Little of the previously claustrophobic mood remains and I found myself well entertained, almost relaxed by this edit and its music.

My only criticism is the pacing in the first half. In my opinion the aforementioned character building is not needed for a grindhouse film.
Funnily enough and despite the filth effects, I really enjoyed the opening sequences. As the hi res picture quality was still far superior to the worn out vhs on which I first saw this movie.

After seeing Gieferg's Three Effing Bears and the trailer for Star Beasts the day before, I can't help myself but automatically compare the films. So I like Gieferg's take on Rambo better (10 out of 10) - but Star Beast has a lot of qualities too. However, I wish that Star Beasts will be realized and becomes similarly over the top as Three Effing Bears.

Just to emphasize it - Star Best is a great edit and I will watch every edit from Gieferg from now on.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments