FanFix November 27, 2020 7376
(Updated: September 19, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As a big fan of MCU Spider-Man, this edit makes some good changes that I like. I quite liked the Uncle Ben flashback, it was quite well-executed and smartly edited. I'm also glad the "8 years" continuity error is fixed, and the edit to make Toomes more ruthless was good as well. I always thought it was a bit of a cop-out to just have it be an accident.

I don't agree with every change made here, though. "I never liked how Tony kinda gave a killing machine to a kid", he didn't, they hacked into the suit to unlock those features, Tony wasn't going to let him use it until he was ready. That's what the entire "Training Wheels" protocol was for. Also, due to me and the editor having different tastes in humor, he cut quite a few of the jokes I liked. I also don't like adding Sam Raimi's Spider-Man theme to this movie, it makes it stand out as fan-made. Each Spider-Man theme is a part of that Spidey's identity, so mixing the themes feels wrong.

Not much else to say, it's mostly the same movie, just with some changes that I liked and some I didn't.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
V
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments