9.4 9 10
FanFix August 24, 2020 6424
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

It's incredible how cutting 20 minutes from a film can make it feel closer to being complete, this has become the definitive version of the film to me. The unnecessary dialogue, scenes, and entire side plots (Uncle Ben retcon -_-) being removed enhance the film so much that it makes this seem like the "real" Spider-Man 3. The core narrative themes of love, guilt, forgiveness and the story arcs pertaining to them that were built over the trilogy are handled and concluded in a way that feels much more natural.

The cuts are mostly unnoticeable with the only exception being the removal of the modeling scene which felt a bit awkward. The addition of deleted content works well and because I have only seen the theatrical version, it was very fun to see all of it for the first time. There were a few video compression issues during scenes with Sandman, audio quality changing during the Symbiote takeover scene and my nitpicky personal preferences but it didn't detract from my overall enjoyment. In conclusion, just watch this edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
B
Top 1000 Reviewer 3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments