FanFix August 14, 2012 5999
(Updated: September 15, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

Review by Ghostcut — January 20, 2008 @ 12:38 pm

I really wanted to like Spider-Man 3, but when I got the DVD and tried to watch it, I couldn’t help but skip through a 3 hour film, which was messy, badly acted and written, and just far too long.

ADM’s Spider-Man 3 attempted to tackle some of the worst parts of the film, like Saturday Night Peter (in which I think How It Should Have Ended parodied it perfectly) and the more pointless moments.

However, unfortunately there is a lot that should have gone. Much of the things revolving around Mary-Jane were longer than they should have been. (Just for the record, I didn’t mind ADM leaving Bruce Campbell in, I really enjoyed those moments which brought levity to an otherwise poor scene). But it is a marked improvement over the original film, and although I found myself skipping many scenes I did like this much better than the original.

Technically, as always, it is excellently edited. Absolutely flawless, can’t fault it.

The problem is that ADM basically wasn’t brutal enough with his editing.

The original film I personally gave 2 out of 5 for watchability, I give this fan edit 3 out of 5 in that category.

Technical achievement is 5 out of 5, as with pretty much all ADM fan edits it’s perfect (see above).

All together I give it 3 out of 5. I may be doing another fan edit based on this one in the future, as if I did it myself I would have cut exactly the things he has.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments