Review Detail

9.4 6 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Heavens above, I cannot stress enough how much of a technical upgrade this is from Badscooter's original edit. And I'm not simply referring to the resolutions of video and audio either, although it's needless to say that it's a vast improvement going from highly-compressed SD to AVCHD.

No, the improvements I'm referring to are technical upgrades to visual or audio choices Badscooter made the first time around. There's really no significant changes from the original in terms of editing decisions, they're just executed with better technical finesse in this edition. For instance, lengthening the pause between the opening credits and the fade to the (new) opening scene. In the original, the audio faded to silent rather jerkingly as the visuals faded to a still frame, then hard cut into the audio from the intro. Here, RogueVader improves the technical execution of this by slightly increasing the length of the transition; a slower fade, which gives the music time to naturally conclude before transitioning into another scene.

He also does things like remove or replace rough text/title graphics Badscooter originally made in 2008, that don't match the visual quality of the source film's CGI or title fonts at all. Essentially RogueVader recreates the same exact visual choices, but with better technical execution and production standards than would have been possible in 2008. Therefore, my ratings are the same as they were on the original edit HOWEVER with the ratings increased to a 10 on all visual/audio categories. For a more extensive review of the edit itself, check out my review of the original version here: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/spider-man-3-redemption-by-badscooter/reviews/?user=35870

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
AVCHD
S
Top 500 Reviewer 14 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments