Review Detail

9.4 6 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Aah...Sam Raimi's Spidey trilogy, the Spider-Man I grew up with. And also, what a joy it was to see Toby's comeback in No Way Home! I loved the first two movies, it was one of this rare situations were the sequel surpasses the original. But after the huge success of Spider-Man 2 the studio had to get their greedy hands on the third one and make it an absolute mess. I was really disappointed when I first saw it and that disappointment would actually grow in future revisits of the film (yes I've seen it lots of times!). My enjoyment factor ended up in around 4-5.

Regarding the technical aspects of this edit, it is absolutely great! I could not spot or even get a sense that any given scene was tampered with, so excellent job in this area! And also great job on the remaster aspect of this edit.

When it comes to the narrative, the trimming of emo dancing, silly dialogue and other unnecessary scenes was more than welcome and it made the film seem more focused in general and specifically with the "fall" of our hero to the dark side. Alas, I just still couldn't enjoy the film as much as I'd like to, not after seeing what the director could do with the two previous installments. It still feels that they are trying to cramp a million things in a single movie and not successfully.

Overall though, I think this edit is definitely worth a try for any fan out there who just wants to salvage the end of the Raimi-Spidey trilogy.

Thanks to everyone who read my review and an extra thanks to Badscooter and RogueVader1996 for all their hard work!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments