An edit of the already amazing Spider-Man 2.1 to fix some of the less than great alternate scenes added to the extended cut of the film.
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes
- Editor Bob Murawski talks Deleted Scenes
- Inside Spider-Man 2.1 (Elevator Clip)
- Spider-Man (2002) Recap as taken from the Spider-Man 2 TV Cut
- Replaced the Hal Sparks elevator scene with the shorter, less cringey theatrical version
A minimal review for a minimal edit: Bobson improves the film. This edit is better than either 2.0 or 2.1.
But seriously, the official Spider-Man 2.1 improved on the theatrical 2.0 version. Except in the elevator scene, which became oddly prominent with its extended runtime. The changed dialog would fit a Director's Commentary (how can we capitalize on Spidey's fame), but was out of place inside the story. This is fixed seamlessly.
Bobson also improves on / corrects a minor but fun Mr Aziz moment.
To elevate this fanedit beyond the two in-movie improvements, we further get lots of extras.
Is it possible to make an even better edit of this film? Probably (I'm looking at you, lame end-credits pop song), but none exists. So until Bobson treats us to version 2.4, this is your go-to edition of Spiderman 2.