This FanEdit is an attempt to create an alternative version of Species. Mars is NOT the origin of the alien DNA but further away in unknown deep space. There are some newly created scenes and there is an entirely new ending.
I will let you be the judge if this works or not.
- Species II (1998)
- The Astronaut’s Wife (1999)
- Alien Hunter (2003)
- Species III (2004)
- NTSC DVD-9
- Deleted SFX shot and Trailers
- Added: new sound design to birth
- Added: general sounds of gore and transformation
- Added: ambiance, cars, helicopters
- Added: new dialogue in parts
2. New: Credits/Title/Visions of Space
3. Cut: Introductory scene with Lennox and his cat (Michael Madsen)
4. Cut: Introductory scene with Smithson at Doctors office (Forest Whitaker)
5. Cut: Team searching train “Something Bad Happened Here!”
6. Cut: Team talk outside elevator
7. New: SIL watches porn on hotel TV
8. New: SIL morphs and dreams of home world
9. Cut: Scene of the team in laboratory trying to growing alien DNA
10. Cut: Beginning part of the scene in Motel reception
11. New: Re-ordered SIL killing girl in restroom
12. Cut: End of Scene with nightclub doormen “That’s him, that’s him!”
13. Cut: “She wants to have a baby!” (No shit!)
14. Cut: “She walked, she WALKED, that way!”
15. Cut: Car Scene “Tell him he is about to copulate with a creature from outer-space!”
16. Cut: Scary squirrel
17. New: Helicopter and Police units
18. Cut: Smithson with photograph
19. Cut: Car Scene “Galactic weed!”
20. Cut: Whitaker’s comments in club about “They like each other!”
21. Cut : Smithson (Whitaker) in his hotel room sensing SIL
22. Cut: Smithson alerting Lennox (Madsen)
23. New: Sperm
24. New: A new SIL line of dialogue added after impregnation
25. Cut: Everything after SIL is impregnated
26. New: SIL escapes hotel
27. New: Ending
28. New: Partial Credits
I quite enjoyed this edit, it felt fresh and full of energy. Most of the added material was well done but the ending was disjointed. I can't really blame him too much because he worked with what he had. It didn't feel natural but it worked fine for me.
A/V Quality - 8
Editing - 8
Narrative - 7
Enjoyment - 7 (original 7)
Recommended drink: Redheaded slut
Review by havok1977 — June 22, 2010 @ 4:34 am
First off I apologize for posting these somewhat negative comments, I usually just give a star rating of the fanedits I watch; and in this case I was asked to explain my rating for this release.
In my personal opinion, while this edit is technically quite well done with almost seamless cuts and transitions; the entertaining value it provided for was me quite low, the main story thread taken from the first movie is presented in a somewhat rushed pace, and I kept wondering if having a little bit more of character screen time could have helped.
And then when the scenes from the sequels started to roll the whole thing became something that i could not make any sense of, the rushing i felt before was nothing compared and I wasn’t able to find a story thread anywhere… this latter part really put my mind in a bad mood which resulted in a bad experience overall in this watch.
I think that perhaps this could have worked better for me if only the first movie had been edited, and provide a better paced less silly movie that the original; and with any kind of ending the editor wanted to express.
Again, I do not mean to be a pain in the rear end here, just trying to convey my honest thoughts and feelings about this edit, I hope that the people who keep track of these things find it useful.
Review by r8s8fr8 — November 27, 2009 @ 8:48 pm
I think it is a good effort on a promising series of movies that was so deeply flawed from the very beginning. While not done perfectly I still enjoyed this version quite a lot. Thank you, Mollo.
Review by ShotgunSaint — November 20, 2009 @ 6:17 am
I liked it much more than the original film. The new ending was a very good idea, but it seemed very disjointed to me.
Original film: 4/5