Review Detail

7.3 19 10
Shorts August 16, 2012 4282
(Updated: September 25, 2012)
Enjoyment

Rock Savage - Dec 29 2009

Space Consecution: A Review by Mollo

As the DVD menu opens there is a really brilliant opening title sequence to the menu. This sets the tone for the project perfectly.

First up is:

Wall-E Fantasy by TMBTM

There is quite a contrast in the production design of Wall-E and Final Fantasy but the editing is very good, seamless. There are some excellent special effects created by TMBTM, which integrate the two sources very well. As for story, it is slight and felt like it ended too soon. That is a good thing right? 8/10

Alien Elements by ThrownCpr

A lingering opening credit starts an atmospheric short. The arrival to earth is done perfectly. Also the ending is beautifully cut. The opening Predator introduction where it talks feels a little rushed. Also the Predator POV’s felt odd. Over all a good effort that shows moments of real perfection. 8/10

Humans Are Limited by Adabisi

I was expecting some more radical changes but there are none. It feels like a very long teaser trailer for the original. Still the editing is crisp and it has a story to tell. The ending worked well but some more time could have been spent on an opening and ending credit sequence. 6/10

Aggressive Negotiations by Uncanny Antman

Not being familiar with these animated films posed no problems. This is a fun an action-packed addition. It is seamlessly cut and more importantly I enjoyed it. The Jedi do seem totally invincible against all that hardware, so an element of threat is missing. I mean after the opening battle they are not even out of breath. 8/10

Star Wars: Episode II.I by Gaith

Is this the first documentary to make a Consecution? There are syncing issues and I am not sure what the point of the short is as the asteroid chase is featured in the theatrical? I am unsure how to rate this but as a part of Space Consecution it feels out of place. 2/10

Mayflower Madness by M77

It is always nice to has some comedy injected into the proceedings and I think it is harder to pull off. There are a few rough edits and most jokes fall flat in my opinion. The ending was what was needed. The decision to do an out and out comedy was a good one. 6/10

Klone by Elbarto1

This begins very well. I like the credits, very subtle, nice font and seamless. This short FanEdit grabs you and sucks you in. It works on a higher level and I really enjoyed it. I loved towards the end the dream and the integrated footage from Sunshine. The sound design was faultless too. Great ending. Great work Elbarto1, you should be very proud and pleased with yourself. Your skill and talent is ever growing. 10/10

Humans Are Limitless by Blueyoda

…and so to the last of the short FanEdits. Very nice opening logos with brilliant sound design. This begins so well and then turns into MTV?!!!? Maybe a better song would have helped but I think not. What am I watching? I struggled through but it simply appeared as a collection of images strung together with endless music and sound bites. Logic appears absent. Then Blueyoda purposely throws a spanner into the works by using his own icon. The final credit bears no repeating and is hard to take, for that alone I feel that this is the real shocker of the set. Still very good technique and sound design. A story would have helped. 5/10

As a whole this is not a bad collection of short FanEdits. It shows a lot of evolving talent particularly by ThrownCpr, Blueyoda and Elbarto1. Uncanny and TMBTM continue to prove their mastery of this medium. The brightest star for me is Klone by Elbarto1.

I enjoyed Space Consecution and that is the main thing isn’t it?
R
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments