FanFix November 25, 2014 7206
(Updated: November 28, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a fantastic 007 edit by LastSurvivor of Sam Mendes' Skyfall. The original, while an undeniably solid film, had quite a few flaws or rather nagging points that might trouble some longtime Bond fans like myself. With Skyfallen, those troubles are gone.

The A/V quality is top notch. All unchracteristic and over-the-top moments are gone. The film is recut for pacing. LastSurvivor shifts the emphasis of entire scenes from distracting minutae in the original to raw Bond moments in his edit. The new opening theme is reminescent of Chris Cornell's You Know My Name, and the amped cover of Adele's theme which plays over the closing credits reiterate this. There are numerous inspired touches, like the opening gunbarrel. Overall it feels more like a James Bond film than the original did.

In short, it would be quicker for you to just give this a watch to enjoy the full extent of LastSurvivor's brilliant work than for me to bore you with details of how good it is. Highly recommended for all fans of a great action thrillers.

Nice work man!
Kris

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply December 05, 2014

Ranger, thanks for your views! Much appreciated and I glad you liked what your saw. I suppose I never thought of the new title song reminding one of Chris Cornell's You Know My Name, but it's that what you get from it, it's all good! Thanks again :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments