FanFix August 13, 2012 10436
(Updated: July 01, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I watched the original Silent Hill only once and remember not liking the theatrical cut at all--the narrative was jumbled, the acting left a lot to be desired and the direction was poor.

Aztek463 manages to completely turn this movie around with his excellent edit. He removes all the lousy dialogue and the completely unnecessary scenes with Sean Bean. Best of all, the film now has a very clear flow which totally creeped me out--because it keeps you In Silent Hill and never lets you leave. I've played the original Silent Hill game on PS in the past, and this fanedit totally evokes the mood and feel of the game, which is a great thing.

The original film constantly tried to take you OUT of the film via Sean Bean's character for some reason, but this edit fixes that. The audio and visual editing is flawless, I could not see any issues. The visual effects in the original was not the greatest, but by strengthening the overall narrative, I easily forgot this and was immersed in the story.

All in all, this IS the version Silent Hill was always meant to be--and should be the one to watch over the original. It is not often I that I say that. Kudos to Aztek463!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments