9.3 26 10
FanFix August 13, 2012 10512
(Updated: September 13, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

Review by STANKPAC — September 11, 2010 @ 8:04 pm

I saw this a few days ago and I must say I have to agree with everyone here……this is a total improvement over the original movie! By simply removing contrived sub-plots and reorganizing certain scenes the movie takes on a whole new vibe. It allows the audience to figure out what the hell is going on in Silent Hill along with Rose and makes for a much creepier experience.

Video: The video was really great. Very detailed and crisp images. Just as good as the retail DVD.
10 out of 10 stars

Audio: The audio was also great, crisp and clear. I could detect no hard cuts whatsoever, except for maybe when the “Alternate ending” breaks happen.
10 out of 10 stars

Editing: Very smooth and seamless cuts. Was very hard to tell if this movie had been altered. Sean Bean’s character was removed seamlessly and the way Rose and her daughter getting to Silent Hill was turned into a flashback, was very effective. Since there is no commercial software that does “true” seamless branching, that might have been the only time to anyone that hasn’t seen the original, the instance this movie is edited different.
9 out of 10 stars

Pesentation: Very nice effective menus, with some extras thrown in for good measure. The commentary track did it’s job well, but sometimes there was quite a few gaps of silence and also a little too much talk about playing the games. Should have been more talk of why you cut what you cut and what interested you to fan-edit the movie in the first place. Minor gripes.
9 out of 10 stars

Entertainment: I was always impressed with the visual style of this movie in the first place and this fan-edit just goes to show that by eliminating certain contrivances that weighed down the movie, a better and creepier movie exists! Very entertaining to say the least.
9 out of 10 stars

—————————–
Final Score:
9 out of 10 stars
—————————–

Can’t wait to see what you come up with next. Keep up the good work!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments