The last time I saw Silent Hill was some awful TS version where half the time I couldn’t see what was going on – because of this, I could barely remember the plotline – so this is somewhat fresh. I do remember it being slightly convoluted in places regarding the storyline.
First up – the picture is nice and clean and images sharp.
The sound seemed fine to me, but I don’t have a 5.1 or anything just your standard 2.0.
The editing – well, I didn’t notice a single thing. Not a single thing, no audio out of place or harsh cuts. Nothing there. I had to come back here to read what Jason had chopped. So seamless.
I enjoyed the film immensely and it all made perfect sense.
A few things worth considering.
- The very start of the film is still intact which means – Sean Bean is still intact. That entire scene for me is redundant and better left on the cutting floor. We don’t then get Sean Bean and a clue as to what’s going on. And as Sean is NOT in the rest of the film, the start feels a bit wrong. IMPO, start it with Rose and Sharon in the field.
- Now I don’t know if this was in the original (and it might have been) but there did seem to be a couple plot holes:
* – Rose locks herself in the bathroom, but then seemingly runs out without unlocking.
* – Rose is outside, runs away from anvil-head thing and is suddenly in a corridor.
* – How does the policewoman know her name is Rose?
It could be that these holes were in the original – so clarification would be good.
Overall – I really enjoyed this – I didn’t miss Sean Bean at all, which goes to prove how bolted on he was. No real problems except the above. 5/5