screamanti_front
FanFix February 11, 2023 1352
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'm a huge Scream fan and, even tho the 2022 movie was (way) below my expectations for a new start of the franchise, I was excited to watch it again now with the release of VI. Being able to do it without having to watch the cringy hallucination scenes was great, as it keeps the movie grounded, makes the confession scene between Sam and Tara more impactful and helps to balance the overall tone of the movie.
The choice to replace the hospital hallucination scene with the deleted scene between Judy and Dewey was incredible and seamlessly done, as it matches with progression of the investigation and prepares the mood for the Ghostface attack in the hospital, now that the scene starts later. I watched it with some friends and they didn't even realized that it has been edited.
The other dialogue and violence cuts were done without any harm to the whole picture, as they aren't perceptible and also keep the movie more grounded and less repetitive.

Overall, this is a simple but incredible edit, the definitive way to watch Scream (2022)!

(P.S: Thanks for the inclusion of subtitles! I translated it to Brazilian Portuguese so I could watch it in Brazil!)

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments