FanFix August 13, 2012 3367
(Updated: September 13, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

Review by Captain Khajiit — November 22, 2009 @ 10:39 pm

Warning! This review contains spoilers!

Technically, the edit is fine. Video and audio were perfect. The picture quality is pretty high for this size AVI.

Video: 10 out of 10
Audio: 10 out of 10

The editing was seamless. Overall, the edit works, and the modified storyline seems entirely self-consistent. Nothing stuck out from the deleted tangent. Well done!

The edit plays like a lean streamlined version of the original with all the fat cut away. Small trims to cheesy scenes or corny dialogue help to give the edit a more serious tone than the original.

I liked the deletion of the marshmallow bit, when Corey wonders what “God’s farts” smell like. The reconstituted crash scene works well, and this helps to allay the viewer’s suspicion that “something is missing”.

Editing 10 out of 10

Presentation: I watched the AVI, so I shall not comment. A DVD is currently planned.

Does it improve on the original? I would say yes. This is not my kind of film, but I really quite enjoyed it – more than the original. While some might say the film will never be very good, part of the intention for this edit is to make S Darko into a more respectable follow-on to the original, and I feel it succeeds here.

Entertainment: 8 out of 10 (original: 5 out of 10)

Overall: 9 out of 10. This fanedit provides a more respectable follow on to Donnie Darko – recommended for fans of the original.
C
Top 500 Reviewer 33 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments