FanFix November 19, 2012 9689
(Updated: December 19, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I've watched ~20 fanedits without leaving any reviews, but this edit has motivated me to finally say something. I loved it that much. I probably never would have watched the apes movies again. I liked the first one fine and watch a few minutes of it when I channel surf and come across it. But I'll probably never be in the mood to actually pop in the dvds and watch them all again. This edit though - I will watch it again.

There were a few things that bugged me. The end of part 1 and beginning of part 2 used some repeat footage. The scenes belonged in both places, but when watching the two parts back to back, it was a bit confusing. Also, though the split screen generally worked great, there were a few spots that it didn't. Generally, it worked well when scenes from different movies were shown on the different screens. It didn't work well a few times when you just used the split screen to show a single movie and just turn it into slo mo. But, the pros far outweigh the cons in this edit, my notes here are just nitpicks.

Enjoyment: 10
Original: 8 (Planet of the Apes), 4-6 for the other three movies.
Combining, trimming, and playing the events out side by side was an extremely creative way to provide a new viewing experience, one that for me is remarkably improved over the original sequels.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
March 24, 2022
Hi could i plz get the link to this? thank you
D