Review Detail

8.7 12 10
FanFix August 13, 2012 2470
(Updated: September 12, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by jokersmailbag — April 1, 2009 @ 6:31 pm

***SPOILERS***

Crime capers gone wrong are always fun for me and that’s basically what you get here. The film itself is kind of uneven, mostly because of the director’s predilection for flash camera movements, but it is overall not too bad. It’s kind of seems the director had aspirations of making a Guy Ritchie type of film but couldn’t quite pull it off.

Elbarto nicely integrated his title into the existing one and the movie starts off quickly. There are no real technical problems to speak of in the body of the film, audio or video editing-wise. It has suggested the picture could be better, but it did not present to much of a problem for me. I saw no significant plot-holes. Good job with the end credits too.

The ending was the only major problem. It just sort of ends with no real resolution, although I suppose one could say it means crime does not pay. The real problem is the shot on which it ends freezes in an odd place. I think a better solution could be found for this.

Other than that, a very solid edit technically. The limitations of the original prevent it from being a masterpiece of a film. It has some good moments but the director is surely no Orson Welles. Elbarto’s work here shows promise, a solid firstling. With better material to work with I am certain he will produce some really great work on FE.

Nicely done.
J
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments