Review Detail

9.4 14 10
(Updated: September 10, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by flyboy707 — November 27, 2009 @ 6:31 pm

Before I review this edit, I feel compelled to say that nearly ANY edit of the new three Star Wars movies will always be better than the commercial versions. I was lucky enough to “obtain” an early VHS version of Phantom Editor’s “Phantom Menance” and then later, of course, his revist edit for DVD. I still consider him as the standard/benchmark for fanedits.

I had been looking for a good edit of “Revenge of the Sith” for a long time and was very happy after I downloaded this fanedit. Like the previous reviewers have already written, this IS my definitive version.

All the edits are crisp, professional and well thought-out. The video/audio quality is excellent. Spence has made a much more well-paced, consistent movie without losing any plot, important points etc. I especially appreciate no longer having to deal with Lucas’ cheesy jokes, lines and childish escapadees by a great deal of the characters.

I agree with a great deal of Moe_Syzlak’s points so I won’t regurgitate them in my review. One scene in the movie that I have always found extremely boring and long-winded is the meeting between Anakin and the Senator; where they are watching the water-bubble performance. Although, i undertstand it is needed to further the plot, I just do not like it – in this edit nor the original. The dialogue is starined, boring and predictable – at it’s best. I would like to see someone (much cmore clever than me) somehow edit/fixed this scene.

Overall, a 5-star edit!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments